RE: measuring instruments/Tools

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: measuring instruments/Tools
From: "Stan Fickes" <fickes@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 17:00:49 -0500
My philosophy on tools is this -- buy the cheap tool and use it; when
it breaks (or otherwise fails) then buy a good replacement. This
allows me to keep costs down, yet I get good stuff for what I use the
most. Of course there are exceptions, such as a compressor, welder,
etc., or if I consider the cheap tool to be dangerous. I've also
fabricated tools when there was no low-cost alternative and I wouldn't
use it enough to rationalize spending a lot of money.
sf