Re: Infrared heaters question

To: Ralph Forsythe <rf-list@centerone.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Infrared heaters question
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 18:04:03 -0500
Ralph,

What  I have, and what I think Phil has, is a direct vent propane
heater.  They make them for natural gas too, if you have that.  The heater
resides completely inside the shop.  Only a round vent extends through the
wall.  This same vent sucks in combustion air, and vents exhaust.  The
combustion chamber is then completely sealed from room air.  Room air is
blown over the chamber, and heated by the hot metal.  It is then sent out
into the room, making everything nice and toasty.  Note, combustion, flame,
etc all take place inside the combustion chamber, inside the heater, which
is inside the shop.  Because it is sealed from shop air and instead
directly vented to outside air, it is "schematically" outside as Phil put
it.  It is in fact actually physically inside.  Mine is made by
Empire.  I've been real happy with it.

-Steve