co2 vs. nitrogen?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: co2 vs. nitrogen?
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:57:11 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

A friend is investigating onboard compressed air solutions and came across
the "powershot" (I think it was) that uses compressed co2.

All of the "compressed gas in a bottle used to power airtools / fill
tires" solutions I'd heard of previously used nitrogen.

The co2 guys are claiming that they have a special co2 regulator that
allows higher flow without freezing and that co2 has more energy than
nitrogen.

What's the real poop?  Are these claims for real?  If so, is co2 bad for
air tools or something?

I'm thinking about sticking a welding bottle with compressed gas in the
trailer vs. getting a gas powered air compressor.  I need to run air tools
and fill tires at events.

Any advice out there?

Thanks!

Mark