Re: -- Sand blaster and air compressor

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: -- Sand blaster and air compressor
From: "TONY CLARK" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:16:49 -0500
Eric wrote:

> Having sand blasted motorcycle parts in a home made "booth"
> using a too-small compressor and a siphon gun, I can state
> with authority that its a dumb, frustrating waste of time to do this.
> Well, your parts will eventually get clean, it'll just take forever
> and you will hate it  .  .   .

I'll second the motion . . . my siphon rig is 'way too slow for anything bigger
than your hand.  We have local blasters that will crank a 60 hp diesel rig by
appointment and blast a whole pickup load of wheels and suspension parts for
about $30 in about 30 minutes.  Down the road is a "Media Blaster" that is more
expensive but leaves the work looking like new metal . . no sand "etching".

Tony