Re: please don't let my pump freeze...

To: mattmahony@attbi.com
Subject: Re: please don't let my pump freeze...
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:59:03 -0700 (PDT)
If I tell people where it is, everyone will come over and drink my beer!

We're in Oakhurst, about 10 miles south of the Wawona entrance to YNP.
3200 feet. Not as cold as Tahoe. I haven't been draining the tank
because it means turning off the pump and I'm worried about getting
the pump started again after two weeks. I'd hate to arrive late
Friday night and find I can't get water!

I'll probably re-rig the heat tape and wire up a 30 degree thermostat
for the heat lamp. Maybe wrap the pressure tank. As far as we can tell,
it never really stays below 32 for more than 24 hours; typically
overnight. But I don't want to find burst pipes, either!

Thanks,
chris