RE: Cording the Cordless Orphan

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cording the Cordless Orphan
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 17:44:24 -0700
> Since this is a 9.6 volt tool, would it be possible to convert this thing
> to run on AC?
> My guess is that the average Radio Shack AC to DC converter for a
> transistor
> radio would be too small.
>
> There's nothing on the tool to indicate what its current
> requirements might be.
> Any ideas on the feasibility of rewiring this thing?  I hate to
> throw it away.

Rewiring doesn't strike me as practical, it's probably a permanent magnet
motor that won't run on AC anyway.

However, I bet it'd work great on a 10amp automotive battery charger ... no
load speed will probably be higher on the 16v or so, but I don't think it
would be enough to hurt anything.  You'll want some fairly heavy wire for
the cord between the saw and the charger.

Randall