Re: Granite care?

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Granite care?
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@cts.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 15:58:32 -0700
We have had granite slabs for our bathroom counters for more than ten
years.  All they get is washing with soap and water, or 409, or
whatever the cleaning person happens to have at hand.  No sealer.
Result:  granite looks as good as new.

I have used scraps of granite as mixing boards for polylester filler.
I clean the granite with thinner after scraping it with a razor blade
to remove all traces of filler before the next batch.
Result:  the granite scraps look as good as new.

I say leave your granite alone except for dusting and washing it.  You
probably can't hurt it, though.  If you leave a wet wash cloth on it
for 24 hours, the granite will darken a bit -- until it dries out.

-Roland

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002 12:17:45 -0500, "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>