Re: Fuel injector help needed

To: peteb@clear.net.nz, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel injector help needed
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:31:31 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/02 12:43:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
peteb@clear.net.nz writes:

> The ECU CPU is resetting or like any 'computer' rebooting 100s of times a
> second
> beause of the noisy DC voltage supply. The clicking is usually the fuel
> pump
> relay.
>
> I've fixed a few. Take a look at :
>
> http://www.tmo.com/howto/ecu1g/caps.htm for further. Remember, Mitsy's are
> notorious for it.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks to everyone who gave me some help on this.  I found a site
(www.avproecu.com) that showed me the problem.  I called the guy and he was
very knowledgeable and helpful.

I pulled the ECU last night and took off the cover.  A capacitor had leaked
and a diode (probably) next to it looked mighty bad.  I had also experienced
changing idle speeds every few days, and that is another symptom of a bad
ECU.

The ECU is on its way to AVPRO for a rebuild.  They charge $185, including
return shipping, and they ship the same day they receive.  I didn't think I
could do much better than that.  I found other rebuilts for $400, and no one
had the one I need in stock.  Most of the usual large auto supply houses
can't even get them.

I'll let you know if, I mean when, I get it back!

Thanks again,

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (Feeling poorly)