Re: Impact wrench, UPDATE

To: Eric <eric@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: Impact wrench, UPDATE
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 17:29:34 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Eric wrote:

<in the future I promise to read all my email before responding...>

> Who in HELL created left handed threads?  What sadistical reason could
> they have possibly had?  Has anyone ever had a right handed treaded lug
> nut come loose on 5 bolts at once??

I know some old dodges used them.  the rationale was the same as the one
for wire wheel knock-offs--to tighten them while driving instead of
loosening them.  you gotta figure that's less of a probability with the
smaller mass of the nuts, the lack of protruding 'ears' or even large
flats for centrefugal (centrepedal?) force and the fact that they're off
the centerline, but there you have it...

> BRING ME THE HEAD OF THE LEFT HANDED THREAD GUY!!!!!!!

while we're at it, I'd like the head of whoever wrote the '65-70 hanes
mustang manual.  dick.

scott