Re: Impact wrench, UPDATE

To: "Eric" <eric@megageek.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Impact wrench, UPDATE
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:56:17 -0400
Idea 1:  Drive down to the shop that did this and get them to use their 1"
wrench to get them off.  There's probably some reason you can't do this,
like the truck isn't driveable, or the shop is 1000 miles away.  But hey,
it's an idea.

Idea 2:  A good squirt of tool oil into the intake of an impact wrench
right before use will increase its torque a bit.  I guess the oil seals it
up a little more, giving it just a bit more power.

Idea 3:  I would crank up the pressure a bit.  If you measure the pressure
from a gauge at the compressor, you're actually running on less than that
at the tool anyway.

Idea 4:  Heat it up a bit, but be don't get carried away with the
heat.  Don't want to cook anything nearby.  Then spray with your favorite
brand of penetrating oil, Kroil, PB Blaster or whatever.  Now go take a
break.  Come back in a while and hit it with the wrench again.  Now  heat
it again.  Spray again.  Go eat lunch.  Wrench.  Heat.  Spray.  Have a
beer.  Wrench.  Heat.  Spray.  Take a nap.  Wrench.  Heat.  Spray.  Eat
dinner.  You get the idea.