Re: Drill Drivers

To: Eric <eric@megageek.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Drill Drivers
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:46:09 -0500
I read that same article and I'm in the market right now.. My makita 9 volt
is dying a slow hard clutch death...

I went by home depot and lowes to check prices..  the h.d. guy told me that
he thought the best buy was the Black and Decker Firestorm drill... since
Dewalt bought out B&D  their quality has come up significantly...  But in
my opinion, Dewalt has lowered their quality since the buyout...

B&D has been an adequate tool for the occasional weekend tool user, but has
never been a 'commercial' grade tool..  Dewalt on the other hand has had
the 'commercial' rep... but looking at their tools lately that seems to be
slipping..

I'm leaning toward the Porter Cable unit... it was rated very well also...

John

sorry Inch... no employment possibilities here.... I'm trying to get rid of
my job !!!