Re: tractors

To: "'shoptalk'" <Shop-Talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tractors
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:24:03 -0400
After the Jubilee (actually designated "NAA") came the 600 and 800 series
machines, with a wide array of options. I have an 860, which has the 45 hp
engine, 5 speed transmission, and semi-independent (two stage clutch) PTO. This
is very similar to the 8N in appearance, but is quite a bit larger and heavier.
There are several Ford tractor enthusiast Websites that you can fine with a
Google search, and if you contact me off-line, I will be happy to continue this
somewhat off topic discussion. (I also have a Ford 2N, both of which can be
seen
at the Fotki site in my "signature" below.)

Mike

Fred Zampa wrote:
> while we are on tractors:
>                          i have an old ford 9n (it may even be a 2n) that
> does everything i need on my 2 acres . i think it is just about the right
> size , stability , maneuverability, price, etc.
>       nevertheless, i would like a tractor that is a bit more modern, and i
> think i would like to stick with a small ford.
>                           the only other one i know of is the jubilee  -but
> i have never seen one that comes anywhere near being cheap. what other ford
> model names or numbers should i keep an eye out for ?
>
>      fred zampa

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email:(msloane@att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's
start with typewriters and computers."
Solomon Short