Re: Removing Road Paint from Auto Paint

To: kai@radiohead.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Removing Road Paint from Auto Paint
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:39:30 EDT
In a message dated 9/10/02 1:49:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kai@radiohead.net writes:

> crossing the train tracks with all sorts of white
> lines in the road, which happened to be fresh paint this morning.  So I've
> got white road sign / line paint all over the side of my black Jetta as my
> tires and the SUV in front of me helped to make sure my car looked
> unfashionable in polka dots.

- - - - - - - - - - -

OOOO!!! This is particularly nasty, Kai.  I have heard that once road paint
dries, it is nearly impossible to remove.  PennDOT gets sued regularly for
this, so they will probably pay for fixing the damage to avoid another suit.
(Assuming this was in PA.)  They are supposed to take adequate precautions to
make sure people don't drive over fresh paint.

Call PennDOT and see if you can get anywhere.  You might first ask them if
they know how to remove the paint.

If it was a local paint job, or perhaps SEPTA paint, you may have similar
options.  In any case, they shouldn't allow someone to drive over wet paint.
(You didn't crash thru their barrier, did you?!?)

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget "The Project"