RE: Lawn Sprinkler System

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lawn Sprinkler System
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:03:40 -0700
> I agree that the RainBird "design service" will draw up a monster
> system for
> you,
> but I went ahead and did it (back when it was free; now it's $29.95,
> refundable upon
> purchase of parts).  What it does is give you a very nice starting point.
> You can probably
> cut the number of zones and sprinkler heads in half.

At least.  Their policy is pretty clearly stated :
"Proper irrigation design provides for Head to Head coverage. By
spacing the sprinkler heads so that the spray from one head reaches adjacent
heads, water is applied evenly."

Looking at the sample diagram, they have some areas watered by as many as 4
separate heads !

Randall