Re:Lawn Sprinkler System

To: nogera@Prodigy.Net
Subject: Re:Lawn Sprinkler System
From: mbarre@juno.com
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:32:50 GMT
Toro & Rain Bird will design a system for you, but you have to be very specific
as to what you want as they will design a Cadallac system if not told
otherwise.  I sent a very nice cad drawing with the flower beds & hedge areas
included and they sent back a 9 zone monster that would have cost a fortune in
just heads & valves! (Of course that was what they want to sell me...)  I ended
up designing a much simpler 4 zone system as turf was all I wanted to irrigate.

In the end I ended up paying a contractor because when I priced the components
@ retail and the cost of renting a trancher, his quote was extremely
reasonable.  Amazing what you can do with high school kid labor.  He probably
didn't make much $$ as he had to redo a run when they put it over the property
line that I had marked out with string.

He only charged me $15/pallet to lay sod!  No way was I going to do it myself
when that was all he wanted.

Good luck,
Matt Barre