RE: Another washer question

To: eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Another washer question
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:59:01 -0700
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Eric wrote:

> > I have a 2 bedroom guest house that I want to add a washer and
> dryer to.
> > The only spot I can find for it is at the opposite end of the
> house then
> > the septic drain.  The house is built on a slab.
> > My question is how to I drain the washer into the septic when
> it's about
> > 40' from the drain, but only about 1' higher that it?

I don't know what code is in your area, but a page I found on the web said
that  minimum slope is only 1/4" per foot or less (depending on pipe size).
40 * 1/4" is only 10" ...
http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/pages/h00015.asp

And, if you need only 2-3 ft extra, I'd probably look into how high the
washer is capable of pumping the water.

Randall