RE: Speaking of exhausts...

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speaking of exhausts...
From: "Keith Kaplan" <keithka@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 22:06:11 -0700
I don't know about yours, but my generator has threads inside the
muffler's outlet, so with the right fitting, you could have a perfect
seal from the generator to the tube that runs out of the shop.  I once
helped setup a mobile shop inside a semi trailer and we found the parts
to run the welder/generator's exhaust outside at the local RV shop.
There is a flexible metal pipe (almost looks like flex conduit) that
they sell for just that purpose.

Obviously the pipe gets hot eventually, and you'll want to be careful
with what materials (is there insulation in your shop walls?) are near
the pipe.  The running engine is also sucking oxygen out of the shop, so
if you have a perfectly sealed shop you could eventually make yourself
lightheaded.