Re: Trailer loading question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailer loading question
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 12:55:44 -0400
Steven Trovato wrote:
> Thanks Nolan.  The other suggestion I've received involves using a jack or
> the trailer's jack to try to level things out.  I have a bunch of
> suggestions now.  For some reason, you're the only one of six replies who
> answered on-list.  Why's everyone so shy?  Afraid to let their friends know
> they have a trailer?  Afraid they'll want to borrow it?  :-)
I don't move cars with my trailer, but I do move antique tractors. Fortunately,
all of my moves have been on mostly level ground, and the tractors I buy don't
much roll - they have to be dragged. :-) And when I take them off, I just let
them roll. So I really couldn't help you with your problem.

Mike

> -Steve
>
> At 11:12 AM 8/8/02 -0400, Nolan Penney wrote:
>

>>Lengths of chain with hooks on heach end, a cable type comalong (or
>>two), and chocks.  These are the tools I use when doing just the sort of
>>job you describe.

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email:(msloane@att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

Speech is conveniently located midway between thought
and action, where it often substitutes for both.
-John Andrew Holmes