hvlp Spray Guns

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: hvlp Spray Guns
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@Prodigy.Net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 23:24:34 -0500
I've got a HVLP spray gun and  I'm having a problem,  The manual says to set
the pressure at what ever the Paint manufacture recommends,. The Paint
manufacturer states  10 PSI at the cap  ( PPG Concept ) .
I asked the guy at the paint store how you measure cap pressure and he says it
requires a special instrument that is very expensive.
Now in cleaning the gun I see where the air take off to pressurize the cup is
taken off from the same chamber as the one that  feeds air to the cap.
Can I assume that  if I have the  cup pressure at 10 PSI the cap will also be
at 10 PSI?
Any suggestions for setting the pressure?
I've tried spraying a test panels and while it looks okay right after I spray
it   by the time I let it flash off I end up with a lot of orange peel.
Thanks for any suggestions
Bob Noguieira