Re: Media Blasting

To: <Malaboge@aol.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Media Blasting
From: "Michael Lowe" <mlowe@itrade-sa.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:00:16 -0700
Hi there,
Years ago I worked on a project to bring a copper slag from Cottonwood, AZ
on the market for air blast. It was very black and kind of shiny, after
bagging. That project got lost in the early '80's economic downturn.
However, there were a couple other outfits, one in Canada that had similar
product. It is very low on free silica and very sharp, and is used several
times. I have never seen black aluminum oxide.
Regards,
Michael Lowe
Napa, CA

>When I poured it in the cabinet I noted that it is BLACK. Not white,
off-white, grey or even light black, but very black. For >various and sundry
reasons (mostly my own health)I don't want to use anything else, Esp silica
of some sort. Has anyone ever >seen (or even heard of)black virgin aluminum
oxide?