fuel line check valve

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel line check valve
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:01:27 -0600
I'm in need of a small fuel line check valve for our motorhome.  The situation
we have is the onboard ac generator is tapped off of the same point that feeds
the engine.  What we are experiencing is fuel starvation when first starting
the onboard generator (with vehicle engine NOT running).  It appears that the
gas line to the generator is getting sucked dry when the vehicle engine runs
and then when we try to start the generator it cranks for a long time before
fuel finally reaches the generator.

One shop suggested a check valve be put in the line where the generator fuel
line taps off.  This would keep fuel in the line and allow a more rapid start
of the generator.  Problem is, the automotive stores around me (autozone and
o'reilys) have NO clue what I'm looking for.

Would anyone out there know of a source for fuel line check valves?  I had
hoped that fuel filters would not allow reverse flow but that appears not to be
the case, at least with the filter that I just checked.

TIA

Brad