Re: MIG welders (not asking for advice)

To: <dms@scheidt.chem.nd.edu>, "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MIG welders (not asking for advice)
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:02:39 -0500
Dave... when I saw the price of a welding cart for my Square wave Tig I
decided to build my own as well....  What I did that was worth noting was..
I went down to my local sears on Craftsman day.... and bought a 3 drawer
bottom roll away tool box... for the esteemed price of 89 bucks.... Yep...
store my helmets.... Gloves tips... Shoot I liked the gig so much I decided
to put the Plasma cutter and Mig on another one right beside it... Very
cool set up... I built the upper rack in an afternoon and did my own 2"
square tubing bottom for the box and used their wheels.... I had to extend
the bottom to hold the bottles.

Total cost.... around $300 for two welding carts, storage  and a set up
that works..

Keith