Re: Grainger

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Grainger
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:01:30 EDT
In a message dated 5/1/02 1:02:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, cak@dimebank.com
writes:

> Grainger's prices tend to be the highest of the three - you pay for
> the convenience. MSC and McMaster swap around which will be more expensive
> for which item, and their product lines vary a bit.
>
> I mostly don't deal with Grainger any more, because I find them
> a nuisance.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I brought this whole thing up (sorry!) and after checking prices on 5 gal. of
Super Agitene, Grainger is about a buck cheaper than the other two.  Combine
that with a store within 5 miles of my house (no shipping charges), and I
think I'll try them first.

BTW, I used to sell for a company called Bowman Distribution (Barnes Group).
They sold all sorts of maintenance products, welding rods, fittings,
chemicals, etc.  Anyone ever hear of them?  They have apparently bought their
biggest competitors, Mechanics Choice and Curtis.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget "The Project"