updating seatbelts in chevy van

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: updating seatbelts in chevy van
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 07:03:08 -0600
I'm not sure which if any list this question could/should be posted to but
there seems to be a broad range of knowledge here so......

Our 1976 Coachmen Class C (chevy van style front) motorhome has lap belts only
and we'd kind of like to put 3-point shoulder harnesses in instead.

Anyone out there familiar with 76 Chevy vans as well as the later vans that
came with 3-point systems?  What would be involved in using a later model
system?

I do have an after market set of 3-point belts "Securon Inertia Real" I got
from VB a year or so ago for a TR project that I have since decided not to use
on that car.  Would these be a viable alternative for the motorhome?

TIA

Brad