Re: appliance repair (Logic check to next step)

To: super_racenut@juno.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: appliance repair (Logic check to next step)
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:54:01 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/02 11:33:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
super_racenut@juno.com writes:

> To my way of thinking the compressor should continue nonstop
> thinking that the box is 60* inside.  The thermometer in the freezer is
> at a constant 35*  and the control is set at max cool.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

This may be simpler than you think.  Unplug the fridge and let it sit for at
least three days.  Sometimes permafrost builds up inside the insulation.  Ice
is not a very good insulator so the fridge actually gets warmer inside.
After all the ice (that you can't see) melts, plug it in and set the controls
BELOW half way.  That will keep it from re-freezing and it will stay plenty
cold.  Fridge controls should NEVER be set all the way to "Colder."

An old refrigerator repairmans trick is to tell the customer to unplug it and
he'll be out in a few days.  When he gets there, he vacuums the coils and it
works fine because the permafrost has melted.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget "The Project"