Re: Dumpsters

To: Eric Petrevich <eric@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: Dumpsters
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 01:07:38 -0600
Eric Petrevich wrote:

> OK, turns out the dumpsters for the old chicken coup removal came early.
> I've got 30yds for all the wood I'm removing.
>
> My 2 questions...
>
> What is the easiest way to load a dumpster?  I tried my back hoe with a
> "thumb" I made for it, I tried the loader.  I even tried a set for fork
> tynes that I made for the loader.  Nothing picks up much of the debris.
>
> What is the best way to get the most out of the dumpsters?  Is there a
> good way to compress the wood once inside?

If you've got a backhoe, you're probably doing it faster than most
everyone else could do it by hand, even if it seems slow to you. My only
suggestion would be to use the backhoe to push the debris into piles the
size of which match the width of the bucket and then press on
regardless.

Hey, most of us are more interested in diving _into_ dumpsters and
removing stuff, not filling them. <smile>

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

The gulf between content and substance continues to widen....