cleaning plastic window

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: cleaning plastic window
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:09:03 -0700
Hello,
I have been lurking for some time  & have picked up all the valuable
tips from the list. I now have a question & would appreciate some
direction from all the WISE ONES.
I have a 1975 MGB with a plastic rear window & plastic quarter panels. I
had used WD40 to remove some old Scotch tape stuck to both the interior
& exterior window. I guess I must been overzealous in applying the
cleaner, as now, regardless of cleanser, the window will not come clean.
>From Sunlight liquid, to Castrol Super Clean, I have tried them all but
as soon as the window dries, I,m left with this non-clear window. Prior
to my silly error, it was as clear as a sunny day.
Could anyone please give me some pointers, as not only is it unsightly
but dangerous as well.
Thanks in anticipation.
Aubrey Vancouver Canada