RE: static shock

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: static shock
From: Andy Poling <andy@realbig.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:21:47 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Keith Kaplan wrote:
> I think the shock is because your body ends up at a different voltage
> than the car itself.  Grounding the car may not help.  I think it's your
> shoes rubbing across the nylon floor mats as you work the pedals.

Or the seat cloth and your pants.

Like someone else mentioned, I got into the habit years ago of grabbing the
metal door frame before my butt leaves the seat.

If it's the seat vs your pants, maybe you could fashion a ground strap for
your pants using a biker wallet chain.  :-)

-Andy

72 Pantera - Rocky              91 Miata - Steve               84 RZ350 - Sting