Re: Ford van brake troubles

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford van brake troubles
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@bayarea.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:55:35 -0800
On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 07:00:18AM -0500, Nolan Penney wrote:
>The E-250 used hub centric wheels.  The E-250 is considered moderately
>heavy duty, which is why it uses this wheel mounting system.
>
>If it were me, I'd return the rotors and re-order from a different
>vendor.  I'd also be examining other E-250 front wheels closely to see
>if in fact the wheels are correct on your truck (they almost assuredly
>are).  The most likely problem is the lip size is wrong on the Federal
>Mogul part (not at all uncommon, in spite of their denial).

I've now been through 4 manufacturers, and all 4 have the same design,
which points a probable finger at the rims being swapped at some point.
The yellow spot of paint on the "Ford" label on the rim also is a clue
to them being from a junkyard.

Can anyone with an 86-91 E250 van measure the diameter of the hub hole
in the rim? The lug locations (might) have a bit more metal on them to
positively locate on the hub, and this is where I need the diameter taken
from. Thanks a billion in advance.

jim