Re: was Tornado, now K&N

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: was Tornado, now K&N
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:32:49 EST
In a message dated 3/25/02 1:58:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, ericm@lne.com
writes:

> > Of course, I don't care about gas prices anymore, thanks to all the
> > money I save by not putting oil in my cars since I switched to DuraLube.
>
> And I'm getting 30% more mileage since I installed one of those "fuel
> atomizer" magnets on the gas line.  Now all my gas molecules get broken
> up so they burn better and they're all aligned correctly as well.  It's a
> miracle of modern technology!  Of course if the car manufcturers hadn't
> bought the patent of the 100 mpg carburetor and killed Danny Casolaro
> to supress the invention we'd all be getting 100mpg, even more if we
> used Nology Hotwires, Splitfire plugs, fake-fur steering wheel covers
> and those colored neon lights that you put under the car!!

- - - - - - - - - -

Boy, this is a tough room!

There is controversy over K&N air filters.  I like mine, but I have read
reviews that they are not good for the engine, and regular replacement of
paper filters is a better choice.  I don't know if that is for engine
longevity or power.  My experience with K&N is that it allows more air thru.
The mixture is richened by the computer because there is more air, so you get
more power.  I guess you have to manually make a mixture change to carbureted
engines.  So the K&N gives you more power, but uses more gas to get that
power.

Does anybody use Oxyclean?  :-)

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward