No sweat

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: No sweat
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:01:19 -0700 (MST)
So the overly dry skin, static electricity shocks and such finally got
me convinced that I should slap a humidifier on the side of the furnace,
to help alleviate some of the problems of these Salt Lake City winters.
Wish there was something I could do about the problem of having all this
Olympic nonsense disrupting things.

Anyway, I've seen a few different units at the various home center stores,
and was wondering if the little swamp cooler type (air flows through a
water saturated mesh) is any better than a direct injection type.  The
direct injection system, basiclly a nozzle that squirts a mist into the
air flow, seems like it might be lower maintenence.  Anyone have any real
experience with the various varities?  I didn't turn up much useful info
checking the archives for this list, though Welty asked about humidifiers
a couple months ago.

Thanks,
mjb.