weird question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: weird question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:57:57 -0500
While this isn't really a tool question, I've looked everywhere for info
on this and found very little.  My new office has the automatic toilet
and unarl flushers, and the automatic faucets in the sink.

Being the courious sort that I am, I've been trying to figure out how they
work.  I thought the unarls were passive IR.  But the other day I took a
mirror into the bathroom and was able to bounce the signal back to the
receiver.  Therefore them must be active.  I also know they have a 10 sec
timer so they don't trigger when someone walks by.  Anyone know anymore
about these, have a schmetic of one, etc.

TIA

John  (courious minds want to know)

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan