Tires

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Tires
From: Don Tiana <dstiana@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:25:49 -0800
I think if you want to be reasonable, you may want to go to
some other search engines like Yahoo and check out their
clubs and groups for other Civic owners and get responses
from them. I say that because it appears we have a lot of
our fellow enthusiasts that are giving tire performance
impressions based on other types of vehicles than what
you have. Weight bias, suspension geometry are just two
of many factors that along with tires that influence a cars
handling characteristics and most cars are not (suspension
wise) created equal. Having some road racing experience
(not to brag, god forbid) with cars as well as bikes and having
owned three civics, one Si and a "87" 2wd wgn. and a "88" 4wd
wgn.  I can tell you that the same tire would not have performed
the same on every Honda I owned. I only found the right or tire I
liked by making educated guesses and spending plenty of money.
I can tell you that being fanatical about tires can end up costing you
a lot of money, so I would, if I were to do it all over and had access
to the web definitely ask as many other Honda owners of the same
model as mine what was working well for them. Good luck,
Don Tiana, Topanga,CA.