Re: SCCA (was Woohoo!!)

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA (was Woohoo!!)
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:08:54 -0500
John Viviani wrote:
> I don't want to upset anyone and the numbers you are showing are great.
> However for the last five years (Keep in mind 1st year IL, 2-3 Central
> Kansas, now in VA just south of Summit Point) I have been contacting the
> SCCA about info to join or get involved. When I started I could not afford
> the "race" car then I bought a CRX with intentions of racing, now I have a
> Miata which I bought late last year with the intention of racing this year.
> The problem is no one ever gets back to me, I have called, emailed, even
> managed to track down a few events but cannot get any help or info. I try
> the website but it is about as helpful as Home Depots, here is some info but
> you must come to the store to see it. Like I have said I have found a few
> events but since it is race conditions people don't seem to have time to
> answer any questions.

I'm sorry you had such a tough time with the SCCA unfortunately we are
often only as good as your local region. That is why one of the big SCCA
initiatives is a training program for out regional leaders called SCCA
University.

As for the web site, I dislike it and so do others. It is in the process
of being changed.

> Now that I have bitched, does someone want to contact me so I can get
> involved. I am actually a nice guy.

Take Dave H. up on it.

Jon Rush
(Assistant Regional Executive, Philadelphia Region of the SCCA)