Re: Radio removal

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radio removal
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 17:09:19 -0500
David Scheidt wrote:
> Wal-mart is alwayws  like that.  I think that the two big problems are that
> the people that walmart emplys are untrained, and don't know where anything
> is, and the stores are too big, and too poorly laid out.

I have to laugh because every time I go in to Wally-Mart to buy oil, the
shelves are empty of over half the products. Once or twice I can see,
but on an ongoing basis? This is a lack of customer focus.

This brings up my major complaint against all the big-box stores. In
many categories, they don't really increase your selection among
competing brands. They all seem to fix on a few brands, just like the
regular department stores or hardware stores. They do carry more
categories of stuff, and they might carry more quantities.

I guess it is axiomatic among retailers that you don't confuse your
customer with choice. :>)

Were I running these stores . . .

Jon (Dreamer) Rush