Re: was: RE: Plumbing question #2 Now: Need some metal

To: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
Subject: Re: was: RE: Plumbing question #2 Now: Need some metal
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:54:59 -0800
If strips are not the critical part of this you can use a hot dipped galvanized
nail for the zinc and a copper nail (or a piece of 'normal' copper solid wire)
for the copper electrode.  The copper nails are typically sold in electrical
departments. Can't think of any reason other than grounding, but I've seen them
there.

Mark Miller

"Madurski, Ronald M." wrote:

> Speaking of copper...
>
> My son needs some different metals for a school project.  It's the old
> electric potato routine.  He needs some copper strips and some zinc strips
> (I think that's all).  Any hints on where to get something of that sort?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron Madurski

///