Plumbing fixed!

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Plumbing fixed!
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:26:57 EST
Just a quick note of thanks for all the answers I got last week on plumbing.
Over the weekend I successfully installed the kitchen sink with ball valve
shutoffs, and the new dishwasher.  This was my first attempt at sweating
pipes.  Following your combined suggestions, every joint I soldered worked
perfectly with no leaks, and all on my first attempt!

If you recall, my son was having problems soldering the valves to the 1/2"
copper pipe.  After I did the first one, I figure he was heating them too
long.  It didn't take long at all the heat them until solder melted on to
opposite side of the valve from the heat.  The solder just flowed in, just
like it should.  Too much heat probably vaporized the flux.

They may not be the prettiest joints, but they don't leak.

Thanks again,

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget