RE: Rust stain removal

To: "'Donald H Locker'" <dhl@chelseamsl.com>, <larryhoy@Prodigy.Net>
Subject: RE: Rust stain removal
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 07:26:38 -0500
Be careful about using oxalic acid in your shop. A few years ago I used some
in my basement shop to give an aged appearance to wood. It wasn't much and
it wasn't for long....but the next morning when I went down to the shop
everything that was unpainted steel, like the table saw, hand saws etc. had
a heavy coat of rust on them. It took a lot of work to clean off and they
never looked the same after. If you must use it in your shop, close all tool
chests and do it on a warm windy day when you can ventilate the place
thoroughly.

///