1/4" drive, inch-pound torque wrench

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: 1/4" drive, inch-pound torque wrench
From: "Timothy R. Hoerning" <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:11:58 -0500 (EST)
Everyone,

        Looking for something the local Sears just doesn't carry...

        I'm in the middle of changing the timing belt on my Plymouth Laser (1990
2.0 Liter non-turbo for those who care).  In order to set the the timing
belt tensioner pulley, I need to apply about 24 inch-pounds of force to the
pulley eccentric.  So, I need a beam-type torque wrench calibrated in inch
pounds (max of 240 or less would probably be good).  Also the eccentric
adapter has a 1/4" square opening (for going on a socket wrench) so thats
my preferred drive size.

        Does anyone have any idea where I can look for the tool I need?  I tried
some of the usual places but couldn't find anything that was calibrated
finely enough (or if it was calibrated right, in a price range I can
afford).

        Thanks.

                Tim

Tim Hoerning  /  hoerni@cooper.edu
'91 Honda VFR 750, '84 Honda VT500 Ascot, '73 Honda CB350G Super Sport
'87 Chevy El Camino,  '90 Plymouth Laser

///