RE: CB Radios

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: RE: CB Radios
From: David Scheidt <rufus@brain.mics.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 15:45:19 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Randall Young wrote:

> > > I don't know about the Healey and your thoughts on originality,
> > but on my  57 TR3 it
> > > was very simple just to switch to neg ground rather than trying
> > to modify the CB.
>
> Another alternative, although it adds to the overall price, is to use a
> converter to power the CB.  For example
> http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=5126&BQ=jcw2

Positive ground CBs are still made.  Just buy one of those!  Uniden makes
several.  The one I had in my (positive ground till I put a delco alternator
in it) '64 Land-Rover was a 510xl (I think, sold the truck a while ago, but
that model seems to be for sale still).  It worked fine with a decent
antenna -- and an external speaker, so you could hear it!  a topless healy
would probably be nearly as loud.  That particualr model has the nice
feature of being quite small  (1"X4"X6, or so) so it's easier to stick
somewhere handy but not intrusive.

David

///