Re: Just passing this on

To: <epetrevich@relavis.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Just passing this on
From: "Lee Mairs" <lmairs@cox.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 18:24:08 -0500
Frankly, I think it is better for the corporations to return the profits to
the stock holders, and let the stock holders donate as they individually see
fit.  Its too much like the government when individuals are prevented from
expressing charity voluntarily.

My $.02.

Lee

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for the good men to
do nothing.
  -- Edmund Burke

> >After seeing a short news listing on "CNN Headline News" regarding Ford
> and GM's contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York City
> and Washington, DC, I was prompted to see what the other automotive
> companies
> were contributing.  It is important to know which companies are there for
> us in a crisis.
>
> I went to (the news, press release and philanthropic areas of) each of the
> companies' web sites.  If the company had several sites, I tried to visit
> them all.  Additionally, I visited the leading news and automotive sites.
> This is what I have found:
>
> Aston Martin - Nothing.
>
> Audi - Nothing.  Audi's web site states "Audi News: Always up to the
> minute."
>
> BMW - Nothing despite other press releases/postings since 09/11/01. Last
> updated 09/13/01.
>
> Daewoo International - Nothing.
>
> Daimler Chrysler (includes Dodge, Jeep, Mercedes-Benz and Plymouth) $10
> million to support the children and victims in addition to other donations
> from their employees, dealers and suppliers.

> We have the freedom to choose which companies we make purchases from and
I,
> for one, will make my purchases from and give my money to the companies
> that are giving their money to America at this time of need. I hope that
> you will, too.  We can only hope that it is an oversight by the companies
> that have not made a contribution and that they will join the relief
> efforts.

///