RE: Results of powder-coating polished brass

To: "'kturk@ala.net'" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: RE: Results of powder-coating polished brass
From: Lee Daniels <daniels@tamu.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:01:15 -0500
>Lee did you buy one of those small powder coating systems?  Cool Idea
>really.... I'd love to have one... the rust from Bonneville is brutal....

I got the one from Harbor Freight a few months ago.  Pretty cute, and it
was under $80 at the time.  Your only constraint is the size of the oven
you can come up with.  Once you get the hang of it (and there's not much
hanging to get) it's quick and easy.  And once you figure out that you're
just "fogging" the area and let the static charge suck the powder onto
the item you realize you're not so smart after all.

The following site has a great writeup (using the very same system) and
includes one guys answer to getting a bigger oven:

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/PowderCoating/powder_coating_equipment.htm

 Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '88 XJ6                      http://www.automate-it.com/Lee/

///