Re: Exhaust systems

To: sherry@invention-machine.co.uk, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust systems
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:52:57 -0700 (PDT)
> So now the question. What can I use in the joint (ie between the two well
> fitting mild steel pipes) to stop the whole lot corroding together?

There are a variety of unguents for just this application. I like
the one from the German manufacturer, Wurth. Griot's Garage used
to carry it, but I don't see it there any more (and you're
in the UK so it probably wouldn't help you much).

There are nice stainless band clamps that can be used to close
up such a split with a low profile and no additional welded flange.

///