Re: OK, here is what my 208v really is:

To: kturk@ala.net
Subject: Re: OK, here is what my 208v really is:
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:14:44 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, Keith.

No apology sought from you.  Single phase can be tapped from any pair
of wires in a three phase system, as long as the voltage is right.
You do need to know (or someone needs to know) where the system is
relative to ground for safety reasons.  Sounds like your electrician
knew the right thing to do.

Donald.

> From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 13:47:44 -0500
>
> Donald.... The cooling comment took some time to think through.... I dont'
> have a degree in thermal dynamic's... BUT I see where you could be right
> about the cooling capacity of both the motor and the compressor head....
>
> I am sitting here today wondering why after 5 yrs my stuff hasn't fallen
> apart as a result of being run off of two legs of 3 phase power ... my
> Commercial electrictian hooked it all up for me.... when I built the plant.

[SNIP]

///