Re: new member Keith

To: "Rush" <jdrush@enter.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new member Keith
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:00:26 -0500
It did work.... but it turns out that when I make a Jig to build my first
Chassis it's actually going to be Off the floor....at working level.....

this area is good to check things like ride height and so on....  The
Concrete finisher I had do this was an older guy with 45 yrs experience as a
Master Mason...... awesome guy and the shop floor is a testament to his
ability....  He took a Laser transient and shot the area and put in 10-12
different pieces of rebar at the exact altitude then screeted the mess one
to the next with all of them being equal.... then when he was hand finishing
it he beat the rebar back into the ground and used some soup from else where
to bring it back to level....  it's level within about a 10th of an
inch..... maybe a bit better really....  he double and triple checked it and
truly spent a Bunch of time on that area....    Kinda fun to watch a master
plying his trade.... I don't care what the trade by the way.... someone with
ablity at anything always fascinates me...

This fella was a Shirt tail cousin to my buddy Brad....and Brad's dad also
came down and helped.... end of the 3 days I was trying to give him the
payment for it and he said he was worth Twice as much as Brad's Dad.... and
his net worth in his opinion was Zero.....   Wouldn't take a dime of my
money .... BUT Miss Kathy ( my wife ) has to bake him a peacan pie every
spring.....  Fair enough.... how long can he live....

Keith