Battery Question!

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Battery Question!
From: Betti Ann & Preston Smith <prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 18:41:51 -0300
Hi!!

My battery would not start my car - it grunted a couple of times and
died.  I slow charged it - all was well and the car started.  Next day, as
it had previously, the battery gave a couple of grunts and would not start
the engine.  I removed the two caps - each of which covers three
cells.  One cell was dry so i added distilled water and slow charged it
again.  I have nothing to check the specific gravity but my digital meter
shows 13.08 v across the posts.

Does this reading signify a good battery (or bad) battery?

Thanks

Preston

---
Betti Ann & Preston Smith