Re: Cutting paver blocks

To: <datesmanaric@netscape.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cutting paver blocks
From: "Rex Burkheimer - WM" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:37:29 -0500
> Looking online I saw suggestions for using a masonry blade in a circular
saw.  Is this the best route?

Best thing I could come up with. You can also mount the blade in a table
saw, but there would not be enough depth to cut through unless you found a
10" blade.

>If so, do I cut completely through the block or only score it on one side
(or both) and whack >it with the hammer?  Cut wet or dry?

I cut completely through. Did not try score and break, though it would
probably work.  I think the unscored edge might break rough, though that
might not be a problem.
Never tried wet, due to the possibility of shock.

///