Re: Powdercoating question

To: "Bob Chansler" <rchansle@us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Powdercoating question
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:27:03 -0400
As far as I know, the reason this isn't done is that powdercoating can't be
"touched up".  So if you got a small chip in the fender, you would need to
re-powder coat the whole fender.

Maybe that has changed recently.

Inch

                    "Bob Chansler"

                    <rchansle@us.ibm.com        To:
shop-talk@autox.team.net
                    >                           cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     Powdercoating
question
                    shop-talk-owner@auto

                    x.team.net

                    08/31/2001 03:37 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Bob Chansler"

I was curious if anyone had ever considered powdercoating parts of a cars
body such as fenders or doors?
I have a 49 Suburban that will be painted white. I was curious if it is
practical to powdercoat the fenders white and then paint the body to match.
Any thoughts?

Bob Chansler

///