Re: 2.5 liter Mitsubishi

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2.5 liter Mitsubishi
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 20:08:53 -0700
My next step would be to hook up a fuel pressure gauge, and check the
pressure at full throttle against the book value.  A cheap mechanical
oil pressure gauge ($15 at most auto supply places) will do, and you can
lead the line out from under the hood and put it under a wiper, so you
can see the gauge (but the line doesn't run through the cockpit) for
testing.

I think I've got a book that covers your engine, let me know if you need
me to look up the fuel pressure value.

Randall

Steven Smith wrote:

> My 2.5 liter Mitsubishi chokes out at full throttle.  I've changed the fuel
> filter, cap, and rotor.  I'm not real familiar with throttle body injection.
> Any suggestions on where to look next?  This is in a Plymouth minivan (support
> vehicle).

///