RE: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: PVC for air lines (was: Setting up air lines in the
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:23:00 -0500
-> My hazy memory says that the hot air coming out of a compressor might
-> melt the solder on the first connection or two, that one should wait
-> about 20 feet before using copper. Am I all wet?

 I dunno, but I just plumbed an air conditioning condensor in between
the compressor and tank.  I replaced the copper tube and compression
nuts with a piece of air hose.

 It melted.

 I next tried 100PSI rated fuel injection hose.

 It ruptured.

 I finally used a 15 foot coil of refrigeration tubing and compression
nuts.  There are solder joints on the condensor, but by the time the air
gets there, it's just uncomfortably warm.  Right out of the compressor
it will raise blisters.

///